OLX

OLX
Click Banner for Details

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Romance Meets Life

Romance Meets Life


Kerry Washington Married To Nnamdi Asomugha

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 09:13 PM PDT

Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha

The Scandal actress, Kerry Washington got married to Nigerian American NFL player for the SF 419ers Nnamdi Asomugha last month in Idaho. The couple wed in a secret ceremony on June 24 in Hailey, Idaho.


According to USAToday, details are sketchy, "but the marriage certificate states that Washington's mother Valerie and father Earl served as witnesses at the private ceremony".

This is the first marriage for both Kerry Washington, 36 and Nnamdi Asomugha, 32. Happy married life to them.

Blogger and Makeup Artist Adenike Ogungbe Dies in Childbirth

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 02:09 PM PDT


I was saddened to read the news of Adenike Ogungbe's death, not because I knew her personally, but that she was a blogger, and had died in childbirth tugged at my heart. In her last post on her blog, she had written, "Its being a while, i've being off the radar for sometime now due to 'Nature's call'. I honestly can't wait to get back to work and blogging regularly too."

Her blog was not a personal one, she and her team posted lovely pictures of brides they had done the make-up for their weddings, all gorgeous, all smiling, and her writing was always graceful as she described the ladies and their looks and makeup choice. Reading the blog [HERE], I could just imagine that I knew her.


And then I came across these set of her pictures that she's had taken, celebrating her transition to natural hair and the complimenting natural-look makeup. She is definitely a beautiful woman, inside and out.

It is a consolation that her baby survived, but for her husband and those who knew and loved her, the pain of her loss must still be immense. May they be comforted, and may Adenike rest in peace.

Why Betty Should Not Face Lawsuit For Big Brother Africa Sex

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 12:15 PM PDT

Betty and Bolt

There have been quite a few sex stories out of the Big Brother Africa 2013 house(s). I earlier blogged about Natasha using a sex toy here, but tried to keep my eyes and ears and mouth shut on the others especially the gratuitous shower and sex pictures and videos. The first video was of Betty and Bolt, and that has sparked off her country men. Now, the lawyers have picked the gauntlet to charge her for public sex.

This is seriously one of the most ill-thought out lawsuits I've ever heard about if it goes ahead. I can understand a country like Ethiopia having laws against public sex, similar charges have been brought against couples discovered having sex in public places in Arab countries like Dubai or Saudi, but to sue a woman who if we look at it logically was inside a room, in the dark, under the sheets for that matter!

According to Ethiopian website, Awaramba Times,

A group of lawyers in Addis Ababa finalized its preparations to sue Big Brother Africa's 2013 contestant, Betty Abera for having sex in public.

According to a local radio show, Ethiopikalink, if she is convicted, Betty could potentially face up to six years behind bars.

Ethiopia's Betty and Sierra Leon's Bolt became the first couple to engage in a "sex act" in 2013′s Big Brother Africa.

To be honest, after reading about the funny lawyers on Ginger's blog, I'm not too surprised by these Ethiopian lawyers. Sometimes, one is tempted to ask of some lawyers, are you sure you passed your bar exams? Or even finished first degree law.

On a serious note, Betty should not be liable for any charges under any public sex law. In my layman's opinion, here are the reasons;

1. Betty did not have sex in public, she was inside a house.

2. The sex was not in Ethiopia. Isn't BBA shot on location in South Africa?

3. The case will have no merit if they charging her alone. What of the man she had sex with?

4. If they aren't adding Big Brother to the suit as well, then it should be struck out also.

The fact is that if anyone is to blame for any public indecency, it is the producers of Big Brother Africa who have decided to have cameras on these contestants, both in the showers and under the sheets in their bedroom. Things like sex and exposure are exactly what the producers are looking and hoping for.

If you don't like that sort of thing, then don't watch BBA sex or shower scenes and those parts of the show distributed to VVIPs. Don't watch and then come out wearing your injured national pride like a badge of honor as you try to subjugate a woman.




My Mother Was OK With Me Bleaching My Skin

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 06:04 AM PDT


By Anonymous

My mum has repeatedly told me that I'm "too dark". One day I even told her that I plan on bleaching my skin (of course I had no plans to, I just wanted to see her reaction) and I wasn't surprised that she was OK with it. When family members that haven't seen me since I was a baby (I was much lighter as a child) ask about me, she'd tell them how I took after my dad's side of the family in terms of complexion.


Nobody asked her about it, so why offer an explanation for my skin tone? Everyone saw that my dad is kind of dark and so no one would be shocked about my complexion.

We also shouldn't let people get away with saying things like this ["Stay out of the sun; you don't want to get any darker", "You are pretty for a dark girl", "You can't wear dark colors because they will make you look darker", "You're just so dark", "Girl, you are so much darker than"]. Sometimes they don't realise the damage it does to our self-esteem and our perception of ourself.

I got so tired of hearing about how 'black' I am that one day I just snapped. I can't remember some of the things I shouted at her because I was so angry, but I remember telling her that God obviously thinks my skin is beautiful hence why he made me the way I am. If she has a problem with my complexion, she should take it up with God and stop harassing and bullying me about it.

I told her that she as a mother should be supportive and help increase my self-esteem instead of crushing it. I was so so angry that day and she just stayed quiet. After about 5mins of me shouting, she finally shouted back "SHUT UP!!". This was because I made reference to her "toning" face creams as she called them. All I know is the packet says it's a whitening cream and not toning, so she should leave me and my natural complexion alone. I wasn't having it. I continued. It was bottled up anger that was spilling out of me.

As usual we argue and we make up. We're 'friends' again, but now she minds the way she talks about my skin. I guess she was the one with self-esteem issues. If not, why use those creams and then bother me about not looking like her. What was she expecting when she had a child with someone that isn't light?

Before this incident, I'd asked her why she prefers light skin. She said "they" said that light skin of women look more attractive to men. I don't know who 'they' is, but I have seen many men say they prefer dark women, or that they don't mind her complexion.

Original comment on 6 Things Not to Say to Your Dark Skinned Daughter

Couple Love - Matse Uwatse and Her Fiance

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 02:06 AM PDT


Radio presenter, Matse Uwatse is planning her wedding to fiance, Ekemelu Bertram Nnoli before the end of this month. The couple are currently on a pre-wedding holiday in 'the middle of nowhere' as she calls it. They look happy and relaxed.





Follow Matse on instagram here, and follow me too.

Naijarish Baby and Her Mom Do The Mummy Tag

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 12:07 AM PDT


You may know her as Lolita, or Naija Runs Girl, in fact her name is Mollie and she is a bi-racial Nigerian woman living in London. Her videos on youtube are either make up tutorials or comedy/satire on the lifestyle of girls who depend on older rich men for money, called reuns girls in Nigeria. In this video, Mollie showcases her mom who is just as funny and a great sport. They cracked me up several times :)



No comments:

Post a Comment