OLX

OLX
Click Banner for Details

Monday, July 1, 2013

Latest News from Pakurumo.com

Latest News from Pakurumo.com


Genevieve, Omotola, Rita Dominic, Funke Akindele In Tough Fight For City People Awards

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 10:55 AM PDT

 Sunday, July 14, 2013 will be the day organisers of the annual City People Awards would announce the winner of the Face of Nollywood category, which is keenly contested by the quartet of Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Rita Dominic and Funke Akindele-Oloyede. 
The category is as important as others, but what makes the Face of Nollywood category to be one of the high points of the awards' segment is the controversies among fans of the prolific actresses as to who is truly the face of Nollywood among the four nominees.

Another category of the awards is the Musician of The Year (Male) category which has Wizkid, Davido, Ice Prince, Iyanya and Flavour as nominees. The artistes are all qualified to win at the category based on the impact they have had in the music industry in Nigeria. 

Another tough category is the Most Popular Song Of The Year. Ihe Neme (2Face Idibia), Limpopo (Kcee), Kukere (Inyanya), Shake Your Bum (Timaya), First of All (Olamide), Go Gaga Crazy (Chuddy K), Alingo (P-Square), Gobe (Davido) and Sho Le (Sean Tizzle) will slug it out in that section of the awards. 
There is the Ghana section of the awards, which is also keenly contested. 

The event holds at the Haven Event Centre, Ikeja, Lagos.

SEE How This Man Difused This Bomb On A Suicide Bomber [MUST LOOK]

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 10:26 AM PDT

                 A member of the Afghan bomb disposal unit approaches a suicide attacker after his vest was defused in Jalalabad province on Sunday.

A member of the Afghan bomb disposal unit approaches a suicide attacker after his vest was defused in Jalalabad province on Sunday.

 Not this time.
An Afghan bomb technician played peacemaker Sunday, donning a heavily armored suit to diffuse a would-be suicide bomber's vest. The risky maneuver, gone Hollywood in the Oscar-winning drama "The Hurt Locker," required a deft touch — and a willingness to go face-to-face with powerful explosives.

Sunday's bomber in Jalalabad attempted to detonate his device before being apprehended and hog-tied. Then, the Afghan soldier, clad in a padded suit topped with a large helmet, approached the subdued terrorist and disabled the device. A photo after the all-clear was given shows the would-be bomber, clad in brown pants and shirt, lying on the ground next to a rifle and three grenades. A red wire is shown threaded through the vest, its three pouches filled with explosives.
                  Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers approach the would-be suicide attacker.

Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers approach the would-be suicide attacker.

The officers took the man into custody and drove him away in the back of a pickup truck.
The successful disposal was a positive end to what has been a deadly year in the volatile country. Nearly 300 Afghan soldiers were killed in a monthlong period, while 753 militants and 180 civilians were killed over the course of the same four-week stretch. Through the end of May, 807 Afghan security force members had been killed since Jan. 1. An additional 365 civilians and 63 coalition troops were killed as well. The Afghan deaths were more than double the number from the same period last year and come as coalition troops hand over all responsibility for combat operations. Coalition troops are winding down what has been nearly 12 years of war and will leave the country next year.
                                                  Soldiers took the man into custody and placed him into the back of a pickup truck before hauling him off.

Soldiers took the man into custody and placed him into the back of a pickup truck before hauling him off.

Even Sunday, more deaths were reported. In the Baghlan province in the country's north, a district police commander and three of his men were killed when a roadside bomb hit their vehicle.
With News Wire Services

Omotola flaunts her bootylicious curves in new photoshoot

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 10:24 AM PDT


SAD! Five UNILAG Students Involved In An Accident, 3 Confirmed Dead At Airport Road

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 07:52 AM PDT

                            funmi Five UNILAG Students Involved In An Accident, 3 Confirmed Dead At Airport Road
Five people, identified as Unilag Students were involved in an accident on airport road Ikeja, three have been confirmed dead. It appears they left their school earlier yesterday for reasons not yet known. The girl On White in the pic above has been identified as one of the dead 3 -Adelowotan Oluwafunmilayo, A 200L Student Of Quantity Surveying


                                               Five UNILAG Students Involved In An Accident, 3 Confirmed Dead At Airport Road
funmi 2 Five UNILAG Students Involved In An Accident, 3 Confirmed Dead At Airport Road
                                                  IMG 20130528 WA0001 Five UNILAG Students Involved In An Accident, 3 Confirmed Dead At Airport Road
May their souls rest in perfect peace.

11 Burnt To Death In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident As Bus Hit Fuel Tanker

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 07:50 AM PDT

                        Accident
11 Burnt To Death In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident As Overloaded Bus Propeller Hit Fuel Tanker
No fewer than 11 people were burnt to death on Sunday in an auto accident at Macmillan area, Soka bus stop, Lagos-
Ibadan Expressway, Ibadan.
According to eyewitnesses, the accident happened after the propeller of a commercial bus (Mazda) from Ogido in Ogun State broke and hit the fuel tank.

An eyewitness, who gave her name as Jelila Adekeye, said, "The vehicle went up in flames in the process. The burning bus also veered off the road. "The driver and the two passengers on the front seat escaped. The others were not so lucky as they were unable to open the side door."
Eight adults and three children were said to have died with 13 passengers, including the driver, sustaining various degrees of injuries. The casualties were rushed to Adeoyo and University College Hospital, Ibadan.
The Unit Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Oluyole/Toll Gate, Ibadan, Mr. Adeoye Sanya, said, "The FRSC was informed about the accident around 1pm."We gathered that the propeller of the bus pulled on motion and hit the fuel tank. I can
confirm to you that the bus wasoverloaded."
[Culled from Punch Metro]

I SPENT OVER N20M TO BUILD MY NEW MANSION -Top Nollywood Actor, Muyiwa Ademola Opens Up

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 09:35 AM PDT

Recently, the news broke that popular Ibadan Actor, Muyiwa Ademola has completed his Mansion and moved in quietly at one of the expensive estates at the City called Oluyole Estate. Having done that, GBOLAHAN ADETAYO'S BLOG spoke with him where he told us in an interview that he spent over 20 million naira to build the house. The talented Nigerian actor, who escaped death late last year in an auto crash in Ilorin Kwara/Ogbomosho Express way in Nigeria is thanking God for the house.


Muyiwa popularly called Mr authentic was born on the 26th of January 1980 in Abeokuta, Ogun State. He is happily married with kids.Congratulations on your newly built Mansion at Ibadan.

Well, thank you very much. You call it a mansion but I will say it just a 5 bedroom Duplex which is built at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, Oyo State. I am happy to achieve that because it was one of my dreams when I was growing up in Ibadan that I must achieve and I thank God for today. And let me use the opportunity to thank my fans who buys my films, marketers and the people who never relent on calling me for a production. The people who supported my career and project especially the media. I will also appreciate my family who were by my side to put the place together. If I am to write anything on the house, I will rather put the "House Of People" because they owns the house.

How long have you been working on the House?

Seriously speaking, I got the land in 2004, but for like 5 years I didn't pay attention to it because I was thinking of getting bigger money and start the building but when that couldn't happen, I started developing it in 2008.
Aside acting, what were you doing when you abandoned the land?

Nothing. I was investing my money on big movie projects. I shoots and sponsors my films with my money. I was thinking I will make a profit of 50 Million Naira and start the building but I later realised that its not that easy to get such huge amount of money at once. I built the house so that I can see something to point to as my gain in acting.

Why do you prefare the house in Ibadan rather than your home town, Abeokuta Ogun State?

Thank you so much. I knew that I am not from Ibadan but I grew up there. I have been living in Ibadan for over 37 Years and if I should go by the law, if you live in a place for a decade, you have the right to become a citizen of such soil. I am triple son of Ibadan having spent 27 years. I had my Primary, Secondary and University Education in Ibadan, got married and have my kids. This shows that I am so much comfortable in the city than any other places. They accepted me and show love. Is not as if I don't know that I am from Ogun State, but they are lot of people who hails from a particular region but feel comfortable in another region. May be in the nearest future, I will go back to my state and have a country home there, but for now I am happy living in Ibadan.
How much would you say it cost you to build the apartment?

Seriously I can't put a cost together but it is quiet over 20million naira. When you visit me in the house, you will see how much it cost by your self. I have 3 big seating rooms inside the house and big five bedrooms. That is all I can say for now.

What next after the house?

I have a lot of project I want to execute. One of them is the expansion of my school of drama. I want get the people with talents get educated through the school of drama and all that.
You are from a royal family in Ogun State, is there a probability of you becoming a king?

That is a big question for me. Any male child from a royal family is intended to become king, so I don't think I can become one because I can't quit from acting and I know that a king can go on movie set with grown on his head. So, that impression makes me not to be among those that will be call upon.

But if oracle says you are, what would you do?

Seriously I have never give a thought, this is first time I will talk on this since 15 years ago I have been granting interviews. I may not be able to answer the question properly because you remain the first person to ask me this particular question. I have never given a though, it is just if people ask me that Muyiwa if you were to be given 300 million Naira today, what will you do with it? Of course I know what to do with it. I know I want to have a TV station, Film village and all that, within a month I will finish the money, but with your question I never had the thought. There's a Yoruba proverb that says "Enija Oba Lope Ara E Lokunrin" literary means one can call himself a man when there's no battle to fight. If you have not experience a situation, that is when you will start saying this is how I will handle it when it comes.

 citypeople

My Sexy Body Usually Drives Men Crazy - Nollywood Actress Mimiano

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 05:55 AM PDT

                                                    
If you talk of Memunat Yunusa, a lot of people will wonder who are talking about, but immediately you mention Mimiano the lovers of of Yoruba movies will remember the drop dead gorgeous lady with a figure to die for. In an interview with City People, she confessed that her sexy body usually drives men crazy. Excerpt from the interview:
Some people think that you are one of the sexiest actress in the industry, so which part of your body do you think is the sexiest?
You tell me, it's not for me to say because I can't see myself but people around me do. I wouldn't know, after all you are a man and you know what you saw in your wife before you married her.


But which part do men usually comment on?
So much about my sexy shape! I don't know some will say, oh I love your shape. You've got hot shape, beautiful legs, blah blah, blah. But I just know that God gave me a nice body

Yoruba Actor Arrested For Abducting Traditional Ruler's Wife

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 05:23 AM PDT

Ismaila Dauda, a 27-year-old secondary school dropout has been arrested by the Police for his involvement in abduction. Dauda, a fledgling actor, was accused of abducting the wife of the traditional ruler of Ilisan Remo, Ogun State, with the help of three others - Segun, Nurudeen and a yet to be identified man.
Dauda confessed that he wasn't aware that he was part of a kidnap gang until it was too late...
"At the time, I was not aware that it was a planned abduction. Segun is a close friend and had borrowed my car. Because the car was without a spare tyre and not in good condition, I offered to drive him wherever he wanted.

"I was under the impression that Segun was in search of a suitable school for his teaching practice as he is a student of a College of Education," Dauda said.

Dauda, Segun and Nurudeen allegedly left Ondo, while a fourth unidentified man was picked up at Ore. Under Segun's direction, Dauda allegedly drove to a secondary school close to the palace of the Oba of Ilisan in Ogun State.

At about 1pm, an elderly lady was said to have driven out of the school compound and headed in the direction of the king's palace.

Dada said, "At the time, I was unaware that she was the king's wife. By the time she came to where we were parked, she stopped because my car was blocking her path. To my shock, Segun and Nurudeen rushed to her vehicle, brandishing guns and pulled her out. Till that moment, I had had no idea that they had guns in their possession."

Their victim was bundled into Dauda's waiting car and driven away. Some residents, however, raised the alarm and alerted the police after witnessing the abduction.

"It seemed Segun had stationed some spies around because while I was driving, he received a call that the police had already begun to give a chase behind us and that the neighbourhod vigilantes had mobilised ahead of us to block our escape.

"Immediately, I heard that, I could no longer drive. I was so scared, I had to drive off the road into the bush and we abandoned my car there with the king's wife in it," Dauda recalled.

Dauda and his friends, allegedly hid in the bush till 7pm until Segun's spies showed up and took them all to an uncompleted building at the Ijebu-Ode end of Sagamu-Benin Expressway. The suspects were said to have hidden there till 6.30am the following day, when a vehicle arrived to convey them back to Ondo.

The Ogun State Police PRO, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirming the incident, said "The victim was rescued from the car unhurt although some pepper had been sprayed into her eyes to prevent her from identifying where she was to be held captive.

"All the suspects escaped from the scene. In their haste, a sim card belonging to Dauda was left in the car.

"Dauda was tracked to his home in Ondo State but he had gone into hiding in his hometown, Iwo. It wasn't until May 19 that Dauda returned home and he was promptly arrested by the Fagun Police Division and later transferred to the State Criminal Investigative Department, Abeokuta. Investigation is on to apprehend the other fleeing suspects."

Unbelievable : See The 5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB (PHOTOS)

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 04:52 AM PDT

Popular producer, OJB Jezreel who is suffering from Kidney failure and needs transplant definitely has made an impact in the music industry and many artistes who are successful today started their careers with him.
Check out the 5 artistes he helped jump start their careers below
1) 2face Idibia- 2Face was already a known star as a member of the 90's/00's R and B group The Plantashun Boyz. 2Face's star power in the group was so great that everyone knew it was a matter of time before he went solo. In 2004, 2face struck out and went solo.
He sought the production prowess of OJB Jezreel who was the hottest music producer in the country at the time for his highly anticipated debut album. For months they slaved on songs that would end up on 2Face's instant classic solo debut album Face 2 Face. The album catapulted 2Face into superstardom. In 2007, 2Face hooked up with OJB Jezreel again. The huge success of his sophomore Grass 2 Grace proved that you never change a winning formula. 2Face's first two albums are widely regarded as his best LPs in his rich discography.
2) Rugged Man- Rugged Man had been lurking in the underground scene for years. Tired of the mainstream rap music he heard on radio courtesy of Eedris Abdulkareem and Rasqie he went to OJB's Silver Point Studios to record the classic 'Ehen' diss track featuring Nomoreloss. The song spread like wild fire and galvanized the underground rap community.
Rugged Man wasn't through with the diss tracks. 'Peace or War' and 'Big Bros' completed his diss trilogy aimed at wack rappers, their fans and record labels that pushed them. Thanks to OJB's production, Rugged Man became the new champion of rap music in Nigeria. He released his debut album 2 years after 'Ehen'- 2004. Thy Album Come featured production from OJB and other Silver Point associate producers. Thy Album Come is perceived as one of the most influential rap LPs in Nigerian rap history.
3)D'Banj- Most people think Dapo Oyebanjo's music career started when he met JJC Skillz in London. D'Banj's entrance into the music game goes a bit farther than that. In 2002, D'Banj recorded his first song 'Kiss Me Again' featuring Rugged Man. The song was produced by Jigga (OJB's alias).
The song wasn't a hit but it got a few spins on local radio. Buoyed by the little positive response the song got, D'Banj moved to the UK to pursue his dreams. He came back 2 years later with an unknown producer who would take over from OJB Jezreel. His name is Don Jazzy.
Durella- By 2008, D'Banj who started his career with OJB Jezreel had become a superstar. An unknown act named Durella whose style was similar to D'Banj's knocked on OJB's door in search of a hit.
OJB Jezreel blessed him with 'Wiskolo Wiska' a hard hitting club track. The song became so popular that people thought it was D'Banj who sang the song. Thanks to OJB's production Durella had made a name for himself. Durella's career has had more downs than up but a hit like 'Wiskolo Wiska' is a sparkling gem in his scattered discography.
Wizkid- If a biopic of Wizkid's music life comes out, the flick would most likely start with him as a young thin boy watching stars troop in and out of OJB's famed Silver Point studios.
Years before Wizkid scored his first hit with DJ Klem in the Knight House studio; he was a studio rat in OJB's studio.

Wizkid who was barely in his teens was itching to record songs with OJB as his producer. Most times OJB told him to wait and watch. Wizkid's recalls that while he was sitting in the studio waiting for his turn he learnt a lot of valuable lessons watching the likes of 2Face and Rugged Man record. It is most likely that Wizkid never released any of his OJB produced songs but the experience he gained chilling in the studio must have helped him become the star boy he is today.

Meet Lisa Spárks,Woman With The Record of Sléeping With 919 Men in 24Hrs (SEE PHOTOS)

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 04:50 AM PDT

 The World Record of most partnérs in a day is held by an American lady Lisa Spárks. 

She sharéd béd with 919 mén in less than 24 hours....
This amazing World Record was accomplished on October 16, 2004 in Warsaw, Poland during the Third Annual World G.B Championship.


 The competition was between Lisa Spárks and two other womén. One of them was the previous record-holder, who smashéd only 759 mén in a day.In addition to referees, six cameras were used to carefully record the event!

Careless driver kills grandmother, injures toddlers

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 04:49 AM PDT

                            careless driver
The family of a 63-year-old grandmother, Elizabeth Toby-Lade, who was killed by a reckless driver, has yet to come to terms with her death.

The deceased, who sold water and drinks in her house in Fadeyi Street, Ikeja, was with her grandson and the child of another resident when a Sports Utility Vehicle, driven by one Samson Orofin, zoomed into the compound and crushed them.
The deceased's 77-year-old husband, Joseph Toby-Lade told PUNCH Metro that he had yet to get over the shock because he witnessed the incident.
He explained that the gate to the compound was left open and Orofin initially drove into the compound in order to change direction. He added that instead of engaging the gear in the reverse, the driver did not do so.
He said, "My wife sold drinks in our compound and her shop is located at the entrance. She was looking after our grandson and the son of one of our neighbours while I was at the balcony. There was heavy traffic on the street and because the main gate was open, the driver of a Toyota Land cruiser with plate number EPE960AC, drove in to a make a U-turn.

"Probably the driver put the gear in drive instead of reverse because immediately he accelerated, he rammed into my wife and she hit her head against the wall. The vehicle continued to move and it hit my grandson, Evans Toby-Lade, and a resident's son, Usman, before ramming into one of the pillars of my house.

"I quickly rushed downstairs and we took them to Holy Trinity Hospital which is opposite my house. The kids were treated for head injuries, but the doctors told me that my wife was in critical condition, so she was referred to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja."

Joseph, who was an engineer with Daily Times and Nigeria Printing and Minting Company, told PUNCH Metrothat he took his wife to LASUTH immediately.
He said, "My wife was not breathing properly when we got to LASUTH. I asked the nurses to put her on oxygen but they said they did not have oxygen. I told them I was willing to buy and they said Holy Trinity Hospital should have provided the oxygen.

"Around 6pm, on May 21, 2013, my wife died."
A copy of the death certificate made available to our correspondent stated that Elizabeth died of "head injury and cardio pulmonary arrest."

The deceased's husband said he could not imagine life without his wife, adding that everything happened so suddenly.
He said, "We were married for 47 years and we had six children and over 10 grand children. We were happy and we understood each other. We were always together because I have a business centre just beside her shop.

"My wife loved children and my grandchildren have been asking me where grandma is. It is just too sad."
Our correspondent learnt that the deceased would be buried in Lagos on July 12.
It was also learnt that the suspect had been arrested by the Ikeja Police Division.

A copy of the police report made available to our correspondent stated that the matter had been transferred to the traffic section of the police station for further investigation.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident to our correspondent on the telephone.
Braide said the suspect had been charged to court.
"The suspect has been charged to court for manslaughter," she said.

Ice Prince wins 'Best African Act ' BET Awards 2013

Posted: 01 Jul 2013 04:48 AM PDT

The rapper clinched the award this time around beating the likes of 2 face, Donald from South Africa, and R2bees from Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment