OLX

OLX
Click Banner for Details

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Who exactly is Baba Alariya and when did you
discover your talent for stage craft and
comedy?
Baba Alariya is Adeyemo Adelere Oluwafemi. I
was born into the family of Mr. and Mrs.
Adeyemo and I am the second to last born.
It happened way back in the church, I was in
the church drama group and this shaped me
to become who I am now. Also, I am someone
who loves to have fun and my friends know full
well that there's no boring moment with Femi
(now Baba Alariya). All this spurred me on to pursue
a career in entertainment.
When did you start professionally?
I started as a backup comedian behind some yoruba presenter, and then later
moved on with a known online radio station named tiwaRADIO.
When did you get your big break?
I will say that Dazzling Damola was the very first comedian
that invited me to perform in some show that fetched me income and it was
a big platform for me. However, other people
have given me other platforms and
encouragement and I must not fail to mention
people who are like mentors and fathers in this
business: Mc Damola, Mc Diouf and Spencer(tiwaRADIO). These people have
been wonderful.
Did you have your parents support?
I will say a big YES! To that
How have you grown since then?
I thank God for the growth so far. It has been
wonderful.
You seem to have taken over Osun State
and the South-West in less than a
decade. What is the secret of your
success?
God, and all my fans.
You are now the toast of event organisers as a comedian. Tell us what is you secrete.
Ali Baba says and I quote, "not
all comedians are MCs and not all MCs are
comedians". I was able to figure out the style,
ideas and concepts behind being a stand up comedian
which took me time to study from the likes of
Basket mouth, Seyi Law and I go die. From then on, it's
been very easy.
You have a club where you hold comedy
shows. How did that come about?
First, I was invited to perform at the same club
and right there, I was discovered as an
Impulsive comedian based in Oshogbo. So,
the club owner thought about me running it
instead of bringing comedians from Lagos and Ibadan
that was it.
So comedy pays well?
So far, I can say comedy is a good way to make
cool money if you are good at what you do.
Most comedians are doing music
nowadays. Any plans for such for Baba Alariya?
Music is what I've always loved from my early
years (I was in a youth choir once) and
currently, There is a song playing on air titled
'tiwaRADIO xmas cypher'. The OAPs of www.tiwaradio.com based in Oshogbo featured me on the song. But very
soon, my own songs will be out, so, watch out.
Would you say starting from Oshogbo, that
it is a place one can succeed exceedingly,
entertainment wise?
Yes, because the city is big and it has got lots
of opportunities if only one can tap into them.
Though there are also lots of limitations, with
God all things are possible.
Where do you see the brand, Baba Alariya in
five years from now?
I see Baba Alariya where God is taking Baba Alariya with his unique style.
What would you have been if not a
comedian?
An Artist, cause I draw and design a lot.
Fashion sense?
Anything good, I wear anything that goes with my style and looks very unique.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment