OLX

OLX
Click Banner for Details

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Romance Meets Life

Romance Meets Life


The Deeper Life Bible Church Suspends Love and John Kumuyi

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 08:22 PM PDT


The leadership of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry have announced the suspension of Love and John Kumuyi from carrying out any activity in the church because they flouted Church standards during their wedding in Jamaica recently. Apart from my dismay over the couple's apology letter is finding out that the wedding did not even take place in a Deeper Life church.


According to the report by PM News,

John and Love's wedding was not conducted in a Deeper Life Bible Church. It was also not conducted by pastors from the church as Deeper Life Bible Church in Jamaica has not been licensed by the country's government to join couples in wedlock, according to the laws of Jamaica.
The wedding was taken to another church where the ministers in the unnamed church conducted the wedding and joined them in holy matrimony.
Besides, Deeper Life leaders that came from Nigeria were said to have disapproved of the earlier gown Love was to wear for the wedding, while another was hurriedly sewed the night before the wedding.
Church leaders were said not to have seen the new dress until the couple was marching into the church and by then, it was too late to take any action as the wedding was not conducted in a Deeper Life church.

One now wonders, why such an outcry? In case you've not been following, John and Love Kumuyi's wedding sparked off members of the church who sharply condemned the wedding gown worn by the Love, her bouquet and makeup, and the fact that a wedding cake was eaten at the reception and the couple also hired a limousine to take them to and from the wedding.

Announcing the suspension was Pastor Philip Oluwi, a key leader of the Deeper Life church, who also mentioned the embarrassment Love and John Kumuyi have brought upon the church during the wedding, emphasizing that the standard of Deeper Life regarding wedding and moderacy had not changed. He added,

The church, Deeper Life, remains committed to the biblical practice and standard of almost 40 years Christian dressing and still remains and does not compromise on biblical Christian dressing. Hence, deviation warrants the displeasure and frown of God and the leadership of the church.
Instead of the church to rejoice with a just married couple and see if they could review their archaic codes, they instead are disciplining the couple in order to "give them time to pray and seek forgiveness from God for their action." What a perverse reversal of the tenets of love which Jesus outlined in the bible.


7 Things to Know When Moving Continents or Countries

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 10:16 AM PDT


Moving anywhere can be very daunting, especially when you're not going to be joining family or friends at your destination. When I moved here, I had Atala so it was easier, but when I moved from Nigeria to the UK I knew no one at all in Edinburgh, and though the masters programme was a stabilising factor, it was still a massive challenge.

I received this email from a reader of this blog and I decided to share my reply here.

I'm a long time reader of your blog and know that you used to live in the UK before moving to the US some years ago. I'm considering making the same move myself. It's not marriage that is taking me like you, but I'm at a place in my life where I need to figure out my future. I just got a visa and hope to be able to get a job when I get there. I'm not leaving a job or any BF here in case you're wondering. What do you think I have to bear in mind before I move?

The major thing to bear in mind is that more than just the physical stress of moving, there's also the mental stress of the new and unfamiliar place. Here are the main things it would be good to know.

1. It will be lonely - Some days may be better than others, but generally the early period can be quite lonely before you start making friends. To salve this, try to plug yourself into some already set up groups, like church, work, etc. Don't be too anxious or fast to make close friends, those are better when it takes time.

2. You will need faith - Any kind of faith. Faith in God, faith in yourself, faith in your abilities and faith in your chances. Because this kind of move is certainly a leap of faith. But if you're convinced in your mind or spirit to move, then don't let doubt stop you.

3. How healthy are your savings? It will be good to have quite a good nest egg before moving. Some people are very lucky to land a cushy job right after they move, for others it may take a while.

4. Keep your eyes on the ball. While it is OK to do jobs you may be over qualified for, it won't be so great to get stuck in them. You're moving to better your future, so do those jobs part time, and use the rest of your time to look for better jobs. So you see why you may need something to subsidize your earnings?

5. How disciplined are you? I'm talking about spending. Spending on clothes, shoes, bags, etc. I know you've lived in the UK so you are used to malls all over the place, but I think it's worse in the US. And I believe things seem cheaper. You may be tempted to over shop, etc. Make a budget and stay within it.

6. Are you a friend of burgers and fries? And Pizza? Then you're literally coming to heaven. A medium size pizza here could feed four people or one person could finish it if they want. All the portions are larger, even food in restaurants, and especially fast food, and also more processed and GMO than the UK. Be careful how you eat or you'll blow up quickly.

7. There is a time difference – I live in the US west coast, which is at best 8 hrs behind Nigerian time. This matters because I have family and friends in Naija or UK. Either they call at odd hours, and I get mad when I'm woken from deep sleep. Or I need to call at an odd hour and I don't, then I forget, and they get mad cos I've lost touch. You get the idea.

I hope this helps, all the best with your move.

What have I left out?

Couple Love at the BET Awards Red Carpet

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 05:06 AM PDT

Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union

The BET Awards took place last weekend and had loads of gorgeous and fabulous couples on the red carpet including those married, still dating, or just friends. There's the talk that Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union are just engaged, who else heard that? Enjoy the pics.



Robin Thicke and Paula Patton

Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose

Megan Good and Devon Franklin

Chris Brown and colleague, Sevyn Streeter

Kevin Hart and Girlfriend, Eniko
Miguel and Girlfriend, Nazanin

Ne-yo and Baby mama, Monyetta

Ciara and BF, Future

Big Sean and Naya Rivera

Pregnant Kate Middleton - Pretty in Pink

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 04:03 AM PDT


It is now a few days to Kate Middleton's due date, or maybe she'll be like Kim Kardashian who had her baby the day after my counting down post. These pictures are of her at the annual Trooping the Color parade which was in honor of Queen Elizabeth's 87th birthday. The Queen's birthday is actually on April 21.






Nse Ikpe Etim On Her Marriage So Far

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 02:06 AM PDT


Nse Ikpe Etim got married to Clifford Sule in a civil ceremony on the 14th of February, 2013 and in this interview about her marriage, career and fashion choices, she gets emotional about how much she has been enjoying being married, what true love means to her, and the troupe of children she hopes to have.

1. Congratulations on your successful wedding. How has the marital journey being?

Thank you. When you embark on journeys with friends or partners it's always a lot easier. We thank God, my husband and I are journeying very well.

2. Your traditional marriage garnered a lot of media attention, how did that make you feel?

Well, I was simply focused on marrying the man that has my heart, so the media attention was an unexpected bonus. We're however grateful for all the love that was shown to us and all the heart felt messages of support and kinship that we received from family, friends, fans and the media community.

3. In some of the wedding photos that went viral, you cried while embracing your brother at the wedding. Why?

I hadn't seen my brother in a little while. He's resident outside the continent, so it was a tearful reunion. I'd missed him so much and was very glad that he could attend my wedding and give me away.

4. Should we expect a white wedding soon?

Yes, that's in the works. My husband and I are Catholic, and so a wedding in the church is of utmost importance. After the fanfare that followed the traditional ceremony, we wanted a breather. I'll be sure to pass on the details as soon as they're finalized

5. What do you miss the most about your days of being single?

I know this may sound cliché but I don't miss anything. I'm happy with a man that loves me and whom I love in equal measure. What's to miss?

6. What's your definition of true love and happiness?

True love and happiness is waking up every morning and knowing today I'm not alone. It's the safety or security you feel when you know someone out there has your back.

7. How many babies do you intend making?

If an entire football team is in God's plans for me that's how many *Laughs*

8. What's the most romantic gesture you have gotten so far?

Every day I fall deeper in love with the man I married, so it would be near impossible to pick just one gesture. We make sure to show our love and affection for each other regularly and in different ways.

Read more of the interview on FlyTime TV

No comments:

Post a Comment