Welcome to Pakurumo.com |
- Is A Nigerian Nelson Mandela possible?
- Charles Novia showers Praises on Odunlade Adekola, Ramsey Nouah and OC Ukeje!
- INCREDIBLE! An Angel Appeared at the RCCGC in Ebute Meta,Lagos! [PHOTOS]
- Uruguay to become first country to legalize marijuana trade!
- Man who Cheated on fiancé ordered to pay N8milion For 'breaking wedding promise'!
- "I called unto God to help me when Gov Oshiomhole seized my goods" -'Go and die widow' Mrs. Joy Ifijeh!
- After OJB Jezreel Successful Surgery In India..He Gets New Land Rover Jeep, Reconstructs House! [PHOTOS]
- POPULAR YORUBA ACTRESS BUYS N7.5 Million Land Rover! [PHOTOS]
- All The Winners From The 2013 Best Of Nollywood (BON) Awards! [PHOTOS]
- Popular Yoruba Actor ODUNLADE ADEKOLA GOES BACK TO SCHOOL,,NOW A UNILAG STUDENT!
- Se-xy Yoruba Actress Kemi Afolabi Returns back to School! [PHOTOS]
- Comedian Julius Agwu Is The Pastor In Duncan Mighty’s Wedding Ceremony! [PHOTOS]
- Stella Damasus daughters spotted at Doris Simeon EX-Husband's house in the US [PHOTOS]
- Yahoo+ Boy Shares Pictures Of His Shrine, Dollars And the GOOD Life On Facebook! [PHOTOS]
- GORGEOUS! Check-Out New Hot On Set Pictures Of Funke Akindele and Ini Edo!
- 'Jesus’ life is a completely different message from the cock-and-bull story of David killing Goliath!'
- “My wife is a courageous and wonderful woman” OJB's first interview after his successful surgical operation!
- Doris Simeon Ex-husband Daniel Ademinokan Flaunt his newly Acquired Home in the United States. [PHOTOS]
- Harassed boyfriend Commit suicide after Girlfriend insisted on going into another clothes shop! [PHOTOS]
- Daniel Ademinokan involves his pastor, Publicize his 'true' Side Of the story with Doris Simeon! [PHOTOS]
- 'Lots of cheques that some people donated bounced..Most people complaining didn’t even donate'- OJB grants first interview!
- Aww! Check-Out Annie Idibia sweetest birthday shout-out to her 5 year old daughter, Isabella!
- ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: ''We’re waiting for sack letters' Insolent Lecturers Dares FG!
- Live Pictures From Nelson Mandela memorial service In South Africa!
| Is A Nigerian Nelson Mandela possible? Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:24 PM PST ![]() It is only when you do so that you are able to answer the question whether Nigerian Mandela is possible. Nelson Rolihlalala Mandela, the first president of democratic South Africa finally bowed to the superior argument of death as all mortals must last week Thursday, December 5, 2013. He was renowned for so many inspiring statements and speeches both before and after he went to jail, came out, climbed into the presidency and bequeathed a stable and prosperous country to posterity. Two of them will help us in defining the phenom called Nelson Mandela. The first is excerpted from the speech he made on gaining freedom after his 27 years incarceration: "I stand before you not as a prophet but as your humble servant. I place the rest of my life in your hands". The second is taken from his inaugural speech as elected president in 1994: "Never again shall this beautiful land witness the oppression of one by another". Mandela committed his life to the fight for equality in South Africa, not the replacement of White supremacy with that of Black. He proved that even in continental Africa rent asunder by ethnic, tribal, racial and religious divisions, it is possible for a man to lay down his freedom to bring about a united "rainbow nation" after defeating the scourge of Apartheid. It is possible for an a Black man, an African Black for that matter, to carry power and authority with such grace, panache and dignity such that a grateful world through the United Nations decided to set aside July 18 every year as the Nelson Mandela International Day to encourage people to emulate his virtues. No other human being, living or dead, has been so honoured. You only find that honour set aside for founders of major religions by their adherents. ![]() So, we return to our question: Is Nigerian Mandela possible? Looking at our history, your answer is likely to be: No. The British colonialists did not lay a foundation that would allow a Nigerian Mandela to emerge. Otherwise, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe would have been the nearest thing to that. He was one of the greatest exponents of Pan-Africanism. In fact, Dr Mandela in the early 1960s, visited Nigeria and stayed awhile with a prominent Zikist, Chief Mbazulike Amechi, to receive schooling on the subject before he returned to South Africa. It is also on record that Dr Kwame Nkrumah, who later became a radical Pan-Africanist, also was inspired by Dr Azikiwe when he was still a student in London. Azikiwe's National Council for Nigerian Citizens, NCNC, espoused that Nigerians should forget their differences and build a united nation. Unfortunately, his colleagues in the decolonisation effort had other ideas. Chief Obafemi Awolowo wanted to control his region and from there attempt to spread his power base to other parts of the country. He introduced tribalism into our politics and successfully pulled out his region from the national movement of which the West was once the leading light under Dr Herbert Macaulay and Azikiwe. Sardauna Ahmadu Bello was more interested in building the Northern Region, which was a colonial makeover of his grandfather's Islamic empire, the Sokoto Caliphate. He had the grand design of the Caliphate ruling the rest of the country. Zik thus became one of the few who led the fight for independence in Africa and the Third World but failed to emerge as the leader after independence. The foundations of Nigeria augured better for tribal and regional ascendancy over nationalism. Nigeria ended up with sectional and tribal Mandelas: Ahmadu Bello for the North; Awolowo for the West, and Dr Michael Okpara for the East. Even at that, the various Minorities sprouted their own little Mandelas, such as Isaac Adaka Boro for the Ijaw nation, Joseph Tarka for the Tiv, Justice Udo Udoma for the Ibibio and what have you. Even after independence, Nigeria missed several opportunities to grow its Mandela. The first military coup of January 15, 1966 was dubbed a revolution in which key members of the ruling party, the Northern People's Congress, NPC, lost their lives. Events from that precipitated a civil war because it was painted in tribal colours. But in Ghana, Flt Lt Jerry Rawlings similarly staged a coup and executed past leaders whom he blamed for Ghana's underdevelopment. Even though Rawlings came from Ewe, a minority tribe, Ghanaians did not see what he did as a tribal agenda. He succeeded in rebuilding Ghana to the stable democracy and progressive economy that it is today. Rawlings thus emerged as Ghana's own Mandela, even though with bloodstained hands. Nigeria, once again, lost a prime opportunity for a local Mandela to emerge when the presidential mandate of Chief Moshood Abiola was annulled in June 1993. The kind of mandate Abiola received defied religion, region and tribe. Nigerians were ready for a Mandela, but the military refused to let them have it. Some have argued that if General Murtala Mohammed had lived a little longer he could have become our own Mandela. We can't say for sure since he was with us only for six months, a period of the usual honeymoon leaders enjoy before they show their true colours. Besides, Mohammed rose to power on the crest of infamy. He had been a key figure in the massacre of Igbos both before and during the civil war when he committed so many war crimes. It is still possible for a Nigerian Mandela to crop up. The reason is very simple. Nigerians are hungry – in fact, famished – for a Mandela of Nigerian extraction. When the late President Umaru Yar' Adua declare himself our "servant-leader", and proceeded to make his assets declaration public, Nigerians were already looking up to him. But his ill health, the excesses of his wife, Turai, and the "cabal" banished the hope. Also, when the former Minister of Power, Prof Barth Nnaji battled the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, workers' unions and raised power supply to a level that was attested to by the generality of Nigerians, he was already being hailed. If we get a leader who will be selfless, give Nigerians their due without caring about religion, tribe or regions; fight corruption and devote himself whole-heartedly to the overall and even development of the country, Nigerians will follow him. He may not be a Mandela, but he will be enough. How do you define Nelson Mandela? | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Charles Novia showers Praises on Odunlade Adekola, Ramsey Nouah and OC Ukeje! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:14 PM PST ![]() Social Critic and movie producer Charles Novia has released his list of the best 5 actors for 2013 and three of my favourite actors made it to the list! On Odunlade Adekola, Charles said "I don't judge actors on whether they are in Nollywood or in 'Yoruwood' or any other ethnic coinage. This actor in the Yoruba genre of movies, Odunlade Adekola, has stood out in 2013. I watched a couple of his movies and he impressed me with his style, attention to characterisation, internalisation and a restrained attempt not to be melo-dramatic. I don't even understand Yoruba so it speaks volumes about how his acting made an impact on me. I am told that he is presently the biggest star in the Yoruba film sector. I can see why. Talent do not lie" On Ramsey Nouah, " It was tough putting Ramsey in the Number 2 spot because he is a damned good actor. Very good. Having worked with him in eight of my movies in the past, I know his abilities but I am yet to know his acting limitations. I believe Ramsey would stun us all in 2014 when Izu Ojukwu's '76′ hits the screens. We are yet to see the best of Mr Noah. We have only seen the stirrings of a best." On OC Ukeje "No apologies to anyone. My Number One Actor for 2013 would be OC Ukeje. In arriving at this conclusion, I had the uncomfortable task of distancing his acting in my movie 'Alan Poza' from the list of other movies he was assessed with. But one cannot ignore that in 2013 alone, OC has won the 'Best Actor' diadem FOUR TIMES at the AMVCA, NEA, BON and NMA awards. He has also been nominated for ' Best Actor' a record EIGHT TIMES in a single year. Now, that is enough to make heads turn and so they should. This is a feat even the older acts in Nollywood cannot boast of. Watching OC Ukeje in three movies in the past year was a stunning experience. Since 2006 when OC won the top prize in the 'Amstel Malta Box Office' (AMBO), the young man had been relatively quiet and picky with his scripts, preferring to feature more in stage productions and promising scripts. That sense of purpose paid off in the long run. Like the Bible says, you can't hide a light under a bushel. OC's illumination in the acting space can be seen in 'Confusion Na Wa', 'The Awakening' and 'Hoodrush'. In these movies, the power of his art can be seen. He has an unusual intensity as an actor and a peculiar propensity to project his characterisation which would leave many with gaping mouths. This young man has a lot to give to us in the nearest future. All we have to do is to receive. ![]() | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| INCREDIBLE! An Angel Appeared at the RCCGC in Ebute Meta,Lagos! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:09 PM PST | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Uruguay to become first country to legalize marijuana trade! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:07 PM PST ![]() Uruguay's Senate is expected to pass a law on Tuesday making the small South American nation the world's first to allow its citizens to grow, buy and smoke marijuana. The pioneering government-sponsored bill establishes state regulation of the cultivation, distribution and consumption of marijuana and is aimed at wresting the business from criminals. Cannabis consumers would be allowed to buy a maximum of 40 grams (1.4 ounces) each month from state-regulated pharmacies as long as they are over the age of 18 and registered on a government database that will monitor their monthly purchases. Uruguayans would also be allowed to grow up to six plants of marijuana in their homes a year, or as much as 480 grams (about 17 ounces). They could also set up smoking clubs of 15 to 45 members that could grow up to 99 plants per year. The bill, which opinion polls show is unpopular, passed the lower chamber of Congress in July and is expected to easily pass the Senate on the strength of the ruling coalition's majority. Uruguay's attempt to undo drug trafficking is being followed closely in Latin America where the legalization of some narcotics is being increasingly seen by regional leaders as a possible way to end the violence spawned by the cocaine trade. "Our country can't wait for international consensus on this issue," Senator Roberto Conde of the governing Broad Front left-wing coalition said as Senate debate opened. He said organized crime had turned Uruguay into a transit country for drugs, such as marijuana from Paraguay and cocaine from Bolivia. Rich countries debating legalization of pot are also watching the bill, which philanthropist George Soros has supported as an "experiment" that could provide an alternative to the failed U.S.-led policies of the long "war on drugs." The bill gives authorities 120 days to set up a drug control board that will regulate cultivation standards, fix the price and monitor consumption. The use of marijuana is legal in Uruguay, a country of 3.3 million that is one of the most liberal in Latin America, but cultivation and sale of the drug are not. Other countries have decriminalized marijuana possession and the Netherlands allows its sale in coffee shops, but Uruguay will be the first nation to legalize the whole chain from growing the plant to buying and selling its leaves. Several countries such as Canada, the Netherlands and Israel have legal programs for growing medical cannabis but do not allow cultivation of marijuana for recreational use. Last year, the U.S. states of Colorado and Washington passed ballot initiatives that legalize and regulate the recreational use of marijuana. Uruguay's leftist president, Jose Mujica, defends his initiative as a bid to regulate and tax a market that already exists but is run by criminals. "We've given this market as a gift to the drug traffickers and that is more destructive socially than the drug itself, because it rots the whole of society," the 78-year-old former guerrilla fighter told Argentine news agency Telam. NOT ALL CONVINCED Uruguay is one of the safest Latin American countries with little of the drug violence or other violence seen in countries such as Colombia and Mexico. Yet one-third of Uruguay's prison inmates are serving time on charges related to narcotics trafficking. Even though it is set to clear the Senate, the legislation faces fierce opposition from conservatives and Mujica has yet to convince a majority of Uruguayans that it is a good idea. According to a recent opinion poll by Equipos Consultores, 58 percent of Uruguayans oppose legalizing pot, although that is down from 68 percent in a previous survey in June. Critics say legalization will not only increase consumption but open the door to the use of harder drugs than marijuana, which according to government statistics is used by 8 percent of Uruguayans on a regular basis. "Competing with drug traffickers by offering marijuana at a lower price will just increase the market for a drug that has negative effects on public health," said Senator Alfredo Solari of the conservative Colorado Party. If it works, the legislation is expected to fuel momentum for wider legalization of marijuana elsewhere, including the United States and in Europe. Decriminalization of all drug possession by Portugal in 2001 is held up as a success for reducing drug violence while not increasing drug use. "This development in Uruguay is of historic significance," said Ethan Nadelmann, founder of the Drug Policy Alliance, a leading sponsor of drug policy reform partially funded by Soros through his Open Society Foundation. "Uruguay is presenting an innovative model for cannabis that will better protect public health and public safety than does the prohibitionist approach," Nadelmann said.(Reuters) | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Man who Cheated on fiancé ordered to pay N8milion For 'breaking wedding promise'! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:05 PM PST A man has been hit where it hurts - in his wallet, after cheating on his fiancée and breaking his promise to marry her. Christopher Ned Kelley was sued by the mother of his child, Melissa Cooper after she claimed that he had 'ruined' their relationship by cheating on her at least twice. And a court in Georgia has ruled that he must now pay $50,000[N8million] after they dismissed his argument that the 10-year relationship had been a form of prostitution and he had paid his former partner for sexual relations. They heard how he had given Melissa a $10,000 engagement ring, had lived with her for more than a decade and had also fathered a child with her. Court documents also told how Melisa had quit her job to bring up the child, but had thrown him out after she found out that he had cheated on her for at least the second time. She went on to sue him for 'breach of promise to marry'. However, in court, Kelley said he had never intended to marry her and although he had given her the ring, he had never said the words 'will you marry me'. He also argued that the relationship had been based on a illegal pact because it had been a form of prostitution - where he paid for sexual relations. The court ruled in favour of his former fiancée Melissa awarding the $50,000[N8million] for damages and legal fees. Kelley's appeal was dismissed last month. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 12:03 PM PST The two encounters between Joy Ifijeh and Governor Adams Oshiomhole; first on the street — where the governor asked her to 'go and die' after her goods were seized for blocking the road, and then at Government House, Benin — where she was compensated with a N2m grant and a job, has continued to generate mixed reactions among Nigerians. Ifijeh, in this interview with PUNCH, talks about her challenges and hopes You look young, but you have a grandchild. How old are you?I was born in 1973. What do you do for a living?I am a trader. What was the total worth of your business?I can't say, because I buy goods from different markets and sell them to make money. How did you feel the day the governor seized your wares: Did you curse him as you went home empty-handed?No, I did not curse any one, but I was sad just like the day I lost my husband. That day, I cried to God, and wondered, where do I start from, where am I going to? I told my God to send my helper to me. I can't keep on suffering till I die. Did you feel bitter when the governor seized your wares?Yes. I cried till daybreak. Marvellous put his hand on my head and said, "Mummy, it's okay." Then I replied him, saying, "Marvellous, let's eat." But he refused. "No, mummy, let us go to sleep," he told me. I did not eat anything that day until daybreak. How did you feel when the governor called you?I lost strength that day, I won't lie. I did not even get myself. I was surprised when government called me back. Now, I thank my God. I thank everyone in Government House, I thank Adams Oshiomhole, and I thank my God who used him to help me in this condition. I thank my brothers and sisters, and my cousins that helped me when my husband died. When did you lose your husband?I lost my husband in January 2010. He slumped in the office and died. When did you get married?We got married in 1990. What was life like when your husband was alive?Life was better then. From the time we married to 2005 when I gave birth to my last boy (Marvellous), things were better. But after then, I began to suffer; that was when he (husband) got married to another woman, a Yoruba woman, and things became difficult for me. My husband was from Iloje, in Owan West in Edo State. They had met in Ibadan when my husband was on transfer. My husband died in Lagos. How many children did the other woman have for your husband?She had five girls for him. How many children did your marriage produce?The marriage produced four children. My first daughter, Gloria, is 22 years old. The first boy, Bright, is 18 years old now. My second daughter, Elizabeth was born in 2002. My last boy, Marvellous is nine years old now. Are your children currently schooling?Yes. Bright has finished secondary school and is waiting to enter the university. My first daughter, Gloria, is married. Marvellous is now in primary three; Light of Life Primary School, in Ogida. My second daughter, Elizabeth, is in Favour Group of Schools; she's in primary five. She stays with my sister. How have you been coping with the upkeep of your children since your husband died?We have been managing. I am the only one taking care of my children and paying house rent. Has your husband's family been of any assistance?Yes, they have helped a little, but they are doing their best. On November 15, when I went to the village, one gave me plantain; another one gave me oranges and plantain also. What happened to your husband's gratuity?They (Nigerian Police) has not given it to me. In fact, I went to Lagos twice, with my two sons. We went to the Ikeja office where we were asked to fill in some details about the date of employment and some other things. But till now, we have not heard anything from them. Tell us about the experience you had with that truck pusher you said absconded with your goods?This happened when I went to buy goods from the market in the village. I bought a full bag of pepper, a full bag of santana (starch), garri and yam. It cost me N25,000 in total. I gave it to a wheelbarrow man on Mission Road and I did not see him again. He just disappeared. I cried that day until the next day when I went to the market again to buy goods, before Oshiomhole saw me. You were offered employment by the state government. Have you taken it up and where is your office?I was offered employment to work with the War Against Indiscipline office. Now that you have received various sums of money, what do you intend to do with them?I don't know yet, because I am still surprised and shocked. I feel so much joy. Now, I have to sit down and think about what I want to do with the money. How did you feel when you heard you were all over the Internet and in the news media nationwide?I was surprised, they even said the Peoples Democratic Party sent me N250,000, but I didn't take the money from them. Have you forgiven the governor?Yes, a long time ago. I forgave him on that day he seized my wares. But I wondered where I would start from again, and I called unto God to help me. Some people are still not happy with the governor, what will you tell them?It is not his fault, because he used money to build that slab, but I didn't put my goods on the slab. What will you tell your friends who still trade on the street?I told all of them to stop putting their goods on the road and on slabs. Since the incident, you have become a popular person. How do you feel about it?It is God's wish; it is God's work. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 10:53 AM PST ![]() We heard that you are lodged in a hotel for now because your house is undergoing reconstruction? Yes. Someone by the name Felix Edebo actually spoke to me about that before the surgery and advised I should do a reconstruction because of hygiene during recovery. I was reluctant because of finances, he said he'd give me a call and before he left he gave me $1,000USD. Days later, he called and asked for my account details and paid in N6 million for the reconstruction and still told me he had a gift for me, and then he gave me the keys to a Land Rover jeep. We are having an extension to a bungalow which will be the main house, because the way the house was structured originally had studio with it. It needs to change, people come into the studio a lot and I have to control the hygiene. So I have to separate the two in order to sanitize the house.
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| POPULAR YORUBA ACTRESS BUYS N7.5 Million Land Rover! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 10:54 AM PST ![]() Popular Yoruba actress, Lolade Abuta has launched herself into the growing list of hot actresses in the industry cruising SUV around town as she recently acquired one. The actress who was recently given a visa permission to visit the United State of America, after several failed attempt bought LR3 Land Rover SUV. She got herself the car on Monday, and the wonder-on- the wheel. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| All The Winners From The 2013 Best Of Nollywood (BON) Awards! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 10:56 AM PST ![]() ![]() More pictures and the list of winners... ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() 1. BEST ACTOR IN LEADING ROLE IN AN ENGLISH MOVIE O. C Ukeje 2. BEST ACTRESS IN LEADING ROLE IN AN ENGLISH MOVIE Omoni oboli 3. BEST ACTOR IN LEADING ROLE IN A YORUBA MOVIE Mike Ezuruonye 4. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE IN A YORUBA MOVIE Joke Muyiwa 5. BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN AN ENGLISH MOVIE Alex Ekubo 6. BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN AN ENGLISH MOVIE Rita Dominic 7. BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A YORUBA MOVIE Femi Adebayo 8. BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A YORUBA MOVIE Fathia Balogun 9. MOST PROMISING ACT OF THE YEAR( MALE) Kola Ajeyemi 10. MOST PROMISING ACT OF THE YEAR)FEMALE) Sylvia Oluchi 11. ANNAPURNA BEST CHILD ACTOR(MALE) Asimiyu Uthman Omokunmi 12. ANNAPURNA BEST CHILD ACTOR(FEMALE) Olamide Lampejo 13. BEST COMEDY OF THE YEAR The Nanny 14. MOVIE WITH THE BEST SOCIAL MESSAGE Journey to Self 15. BEST KISS IN A MOVIE Ibironke Ashaolu and Wale Akanbi 16. BEST MAKE UP IN A MOVIE Ayitale 17. ONGA BEST USE OF NIGERIAN FOOD IN A MOVIE In Her shoes 18. BEST SHORT FILM OF THE YEAR Epitaph 19. BEST USE OF COSTUME IN A MOVIE Twin Sword 20. BEST SCREENPLAY Confusion Nawa 21. BEST EDIT MOVIE Confusion Nawa 22. MOVIE WITH THE BEST SOUND Cobweb 23. MOVIE WITH THE BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN Confusion Nawa 24. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY Ayitale 25. DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR Kenneth Gyang 26. MOVIE OF THE YEAR Confusion Nawa 27. SPECIAL EFFECT Judgement Night 28. BEST ACTOR HAUSA Ali Nuhu 29. BEST ACTRESS HAUSA Hadiza aliyu 30. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR HAUSA Sani Musa Danja 31. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS HAUSA Fatima Ladan 32. REVELATION OF THE YEAR (FEMALE) Laitan Ogungbeile 33. REVELATION OF THE YEAR (MALE) Charles Billion Pius 34. MOVIE JORNALIST OF THE YEAR Hafeez Balogun 35. MARKETER OF THE YEAR Divine Touch 36. CHIEF PETE EDOCHIE BON SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD 37. MRS LANRE HASSAN SPECIAL BON RECOGNITION AWARD | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Popular Yoruba Actor ODUNLADE ADEKOLA GOES BACK TO SCHOOL,,NOW A UNILAG STUDENT! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 09:47 AM PST At the moment in the Yoruba movie industry,Odunlade Adekola is an household name, this Abeokuta-based actor always interpret his scripts very well,to the delight and enjoyment of movie buffs. This tall, and gangling actor has proven his mettle in the industry, as a damn good actor, and this has earned him several awards and endorsement from a number of multinational companies, e.g he was a brand Ambassador for telecommunication giant, Glo and also to Ekiti State, whilehis face also grace many Billboard in Ogun State on tax advert by the state government. From our chest, we can authoritatively whisper this to your ears that your darling Odunlade has gone back to school. He is presently a 100 level Business Administrative Student, at the University of Lagos UNILAG. All things being equall, In. Another four years from now, Odunlade Adekola will be a University graduate. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Se-xy Yoruba Actress Kemi Afolabi Returns back to School! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 09:45 AM PST ![]() We know you have watched nollywood movie "Beyonce and Rihanna" starring Omotola Jolade and Nadia Buhari, this one is entitled 'Rihannat'. It is far from the imported idea. The producer and lead actress in Rihannat, Kemi Afolabi told gistmaster.com that the story behind the new movie is rich in entertainment and education.It focuses on early pregnant,early marriage,peer pressure and other vices and how to handle it. The movies feature stars such as Odunlade Adekola,Fathia Balogun and Taiwo Hassan popularly known as Ogogo ![]() | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comedian Julius Agwu Is The Pastor In Duncan Mighty’s Wedding Ceremony! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 09:26 AM PST | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Stella Damasus daughters spotted at Doris Simeon EX-Husband's house in the US [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 09:13 AM PST ![]() We finally get to see photos of actress Stella Damasus' daughters, Isabel was 5 (now 14) while Angelica was 2 (now 11) when their dad, Jaiye Aboderin died. ![]() Stella posted the photo below with the caption "No matter what the enemy has tried to do to me, my God has always prevailed. I surrender my all to God and he shows me his love everyday. This is why I can boldly say to the enemy and haters "I am still standing". | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Yahoo+ Boy Shares Pictures Of His Shrine, Dollars And the GOOD Life On Facebook! [PHOTOS] Posted: 10 Dec 2013 08:57 AM PST So strange that sometimes you wonder if rapture isn't so close. Last night, someone drew my attention to this unbelievable story, What i came across was a shocker. The young dude whose facebook name is Odi Dollars shared pictures of his believed scary shrine, bulk of dollars, And several other foreign currencies. Blow are the pictures that we were able to gather but what we can't ascertain is if the young man named Odi Dollars is a spiritualist or Fraud..because a legal Job cant give you those kind of money! It will interest you that Odi Dollars according to his facebook page resides in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() What do you think of this Guy?? | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| GORGEOUS! Check-Out New Hot On Set Pictures Of Funke Akindele and Ini Edo! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 08:18 AM PST | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 08:19 AM PST ![]() We all know who Mr. Femi Aribisala is..In his Latest edition of his write ups he came up with 'Jesus' life is a completely different message from the cock-and-bull story of David killing Goliath!' Read, enjoy and feel free to share your opinions! Aribisala Aribisala Aribisala Who does not like the story of David killing Goliath with a sling and a stone? Who is not impressed with Elijah calling down fire from heaven to incinerate the prophets of Baal? But all that is old wine that should not be put in the new wine-bottles of Jesus Christ. David ostensibly offered to kill Goliath in order to become the king's son-in-law. But Jesus says: "Whoever wants to save his life will lose it." (Matthew 16:25). When the Zebedee brothers wanted Jesus to emulate Elijah, he rebuked them, maintaining the spirit in them is not the spirit of Elijah.Antihero Jesus' gospel is not about us killing Goliath. It is about turning the other cheek to Goliath. He says: "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." (Matthew 5:38-44). It is inconceivable for Jesus to jump down from the cross and say to his opponents what David said to Goliath: "Come here, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field." (1 Samuel 17:44). Instead, Jesus prayed for them: "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (Luke 23:34). Jesus allowed himself to be slapped, kicked, and abused, without putting up any resistance. He refused to defend himself when he could easily have done so. He did not prevent his death, even though it was entirely in his power to do so: "He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth." (Isaiah 53:7). Jesus' life provides a completely different message from the cock-and-bull story of David killing Goliath. Victory in defeat Have you ever watched a movie in which the protagonist was randomly killed in the end? It is not the stuff by which Hollywood blockbusters are made. In Hollywood, good triumphs vaingloriously over evil. The lone-ranger classically prevails over his cowboy enemies. One solitary Rambo is enough to vanquish a battalion of soldiers. But like the fanciful David and Goliath story, what these depict are the ways of men as opposed to the ways of God. The story of Jesus does not make an Arnold Schwarzenegger kind of movie. At the end of this film, the great protagonist is not standing victorious. He is hanging dead on a cross. Okay, so he resurrected after three days. Big deal! How many people knew about it? How many people did he reveal himself to? Did I hear you say 120? Just 120? How satisfactory is that? Would it not have been more appropriate for Jesus to have paid a visit to Pilate on his resurrection and said: "Remember me?" The man might just have died of a heart attack. How about having him knock on the doors of those skeptical Pharisees and say: "Check it out: did you really think you could kill the Son of God?" It would have been great to see them begging for mercy. So why did Jesus allow himself to be arrested when they could not even arrest Elijah? Why did the flogging, jeering and taunting not provoke a glorious and majestic display of overwhelming divine power? Why did the Saviour of the world fail so woefully to save his own life? The answer is that Jesus came to give us a radical re-definition of victory. This victory is godly and is therefore not achieved by the sword. It does not come vaingloriously by killing Goliaths. It is not achieved by power or by might. It comes by total submission to the will of God. It comes by turning the other cheek; even in the face of intense provocation and certain death. This divine prescription is anathema to the tall-tale of David killing Goliath. A Pyrrhic Victory Mohammed Ali was a wonderful boxer. In my youth, he was my hero. Ali told his opponents the precise round he was going to knock them out beforehand, and then did it in style in that very round. But many of the people Ali knocked out are now far healthier than him. Today, Ali cannot stand still; his hands shake continually from Parkinson's disease. So I ask myself now: "Did Ali really win those fights in the past for which he was celebrated?" The man won the fight, but please what did he lose? He won the fight but lost the battle. He won the fight but lost his eye. He won the fight but lost his faith. He won the battle but lost the war. When a man is determined not to sin, he is definitely going to lose in the flesh. Whenever you win in the flesh, count your losses spiritually; name them one by one. John the Baptist says: "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1:29). According to Jesus' kingdom dynamics, only the lamb can take away the sin of the world. That lamb cannot be a Goliath-killing David: it must be a sheepish believer who is resolute in following the footsteps of the Good Shepherd." Jesus says: "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16). This is hardly a call for us to go and kill Goliaths. The Overcomer Jesus teaches that a true believer does not boast of carnal victories. Instead, he is someone who overcomes the world. (John 16:33). He is that man whose children die, and he remains steadfast in the faith. He is the one who gets paralysed in an accident, and yet still testifies to the love of God. He is that unfortunate man whose house is burnt down; whose family perishes; whose business fails and still he sings: "It is well, with my soul." How do we gain victory over poverty? We don't do so by coming into riches. We do so by making poverty inconsequential. If a man "makes it" by winning the lottery, he does not overcome poverty. Although he becomes rich, nevertheless, he can just as easily become poor again. But when a man overcomes poverty, he can never be poor again. He might not be rich; however, poverty would no longer have an effect on him. He can be as poor as a church rat, and yet be as happy as a king. Jesus, not David, is "the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6). Jesus is the David who would not kill any Goliaths. Therefore, the way of the believer in Christ must be the peaceful way of Jesus and not the malevolent way of Goliath-killing David. (Concluded). | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 07:45 AM PST
I will say she is a wonderful person because it is one thing if God is telling you to do something but another to do it. It takes a lot of courage to actually do it. Just as Jesus had made the water for Peter to walk on, Peter needed a lot of courage to take that step and that was what she did at that dying minute. Even when the doctors came to tell her that they would have to cut her all the way to the back and would have to remove a rib so they could have access to the kidney and if after that you still go ahead to do it then that is serious courage. I will say she is a courageous woman. When are you hoping to get back to work?I guess my first work is going to be with P. Square. Hopefully we'll be doing something as soon as possible, and then mix some of my old songs. Using my experience to help people is another thing I want to do and very soon I'll start a foundation.What lesson has this experience taught you?It's more spiritual really. I see it as, anybody that has God should be anxious for nothing', because he has you in mind, you might think He doesn't but He does. It has changed my whole perspective now.![]() His wife, Mama J says "I gave my kidney because if he is alive, it is for my own good. So there is nothing to it, I didn't see it as anything from day one, I asked God to help me and give me the courage and He did. Every step, every process was difficult because a lot of things they told me were enough for me to say I wasn't doing again. If I should think about the cut, the pain affects some people psychologically because it goes to your brain and you can easily go mad if you are not strong enough. Even till now I still feel the pain, there are some positions you cannot sleep like you can't sleep on your right side for too long, you can't sleep on your left or face up. I still feel the pain but now it's not the pain but the joy that everything is ok that keeps me going." Did you face challenges from your family at all?OH…of course I did. My brothers were like no oh you are not going to do it, my mum didn't even talk to me. My dad was like what do we do, even if we tell you not to do it you will still go ahead, so let's not waste time. It's not just the fact that it's OJB; he is my husband, the father of my children. I don't know the reason I will not give him, there's no reason I shouldn't give him if I am the perfect match for it. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 07:16 AM PST | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 06:55 AM PST
A man jumped to his death after a furious row with his girlfriend who insisted they go into another clothes shop. CCTV shows Tao Hsiao, 38, escorting his girlfriend around a shopping mall in Xuzhou, Jiangsu province, east China. After five hours Tao finally had enough and demanded to go home. Eyewitnesses say he could be heard saying they already had more bags than they could carry, but she insisted on going into one more shop where the was a special offer on shoes.
An eyewitness said: 'He told her she already had enough shoes, more shoes that she could wear in a lifetime and it was pointless buying any more. 'She started shouting at him accusing him of being a skinflint and of spoiling Christmas, it was a really heated argument.' The shouting match ended when the man chucked the bags on the floor and jumped over the balcony, smashing into Christmas decorations on his way down before hitting the floor seven storeys below causing shocked shoppers to flee in panic. Emergency services arrived at the scene but Tao was killed immediately from the impact of the fall. A shopping spokesman said: 'His body was removed fairly quickly. 'He actually landed on one of the stalls below and then fell to the floor so although the store was damaged it meant he didn't hit anybody. 'This is a tragic incident, but this time of year can be very stressful for many people.' | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 06:57 AM PST ![]() Last night I got a couple of mails from Movie director Daniel Ademinokan, more like a leaked conversation between him and Doris and their pastor. He also sent in photos of his new house and leaked conversation with Stella Damasus, however he sent in a 7th mail where he claimed the other mails should be ignored cos "his email account was hacked into". He said " Someone hacked into my email and did this very appalling act. I please implore you to disregard these emails and not publish them. I want you to consider the fact that there are children involved here and everybody is trying to move on with their lives. I don't see any good that a private conversation with my pastor will do to the rest of the world. For the sake of our children and for peace to reign please consider my request. God bless you." Initially, I decided not to publish any of the mails but on a second thought, I decided to publish the ones I feel my readers might be interested in (leaked email and bbm chat with Doris and his Pastor; Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of Trinity House - a mega church in Victoria Island, Lagos), I'l leave out the Stella Damasus conversation for now, *winks*. The star movie producer, in the message, seemed to be ready for a showdown with his estranged wife, especially bothering on the controversy on the custody of the only fruit of their union, a male child named David. See the leaked mail he sent to his Pastor on June 4, 2013 below: From: DANIEL ADEMINOKAN Subject: Fwd: Pastor Mi Date: June 4, 2013 05:49:07 PM EST To: (removed) Daniel Ademinokan www.danielademinokan.com I Am Too Blessed To Be Stressed On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:47 PM, Daniel Ademinokan Good day sir,How is the family sir and the ministry. I hope all is well. I know that by now you're probably tired of my case but you are the only one I can speak to at this point. It seems sir that the moment Doris speaks to everyone and brings out her 'acting' people just flip and turn. Nobody sees when she calls and threatens and curses the life out of me and everything else. But I always have taken it with a pinch of salt. Like you said sir, she has a right to be angry and do anything but I equally have a right to have my son and look out for his best interest. I have a right to be angry and run to the press to talk about all her infidelity and affairs but I chose not to because I was the fool who looked away because I wanted to keep my home. I was the one playing mumu for her. After all the lies she told in court am I still supposed to just be granting her every single request and need? She lied that she has not seen David and I since 2011. This is the same girl that came to Abuja twice to see David and I. The same girl that I flew to Lagos to see personally and privately to discuss David's custody. This was in January. We also met in London in March when I went to shoot a music video. I have pictures to prove it. I even gave her money to shop as well. It was in London she told me about her new affair with Wale. I didn't crucify her, I just told her to be careful and find true happiness, period! What she does with herself is really none of my direct business. Pastor, based on what you and I discussed, I offered to fly her to the United States twice a year, all expenses paid for by me so she can bond with David. I also said she can come 1 million times if she likes but I will only pay for two trips. She refused. Now she still wants to be calling me every second to bother me about David in private when she is making a mess of my character in the press and the public. She is using everything and everyone out there to mess me up and I'm supposed to still give her audience and grant all her wishes? Pastor, na this girl life I go tie my whole existence to? How can I continue to be civil with her when she is playing dirty and acting holy to everybody? Nobody is seeing what I'm seeing and it is just a pity. She does not care about David. She is doing all this gra gra just to save face. She wants to ruin David's life all in the name of Winning!! Pastor, below is a conversation I had with Doris before your trip to the US that we spoke. How does this show that I have been mean to her? How does this how that I kept her away from David. She used to talk to him every single day. The dates are right there and she has just been lying to everyone. I was forced to send this to you because I am just tired of all her endless lies and pretense. I've refused to speak to her since because she cannot be killing me on both sides. If she wants to talk and dialogue, she should get outta court and stop messing me up in the press with her media sugar daddies. If she wants to stay in court, I don't have a problem with that. She should leave me alone and do according to the court rulings. That means she should leave me alone till July! And then he attached a recent conversation between him and Doris to the mail And then he added a mail he sent to Doris on the 7th of October, 2012 with the subject Still Trying to Reach you...see mail below: From: Daniel Ademinokan Subject: Trying to reach you! Date: October 7, 2012 7:04:39 AM EDT To: Doris Simeon (removed) Reply-To: Daniel Ademinokan I've still been trying to reach you even from the US but you phone, bb, email, txt, etc are not yielding results. I have been reaching out for you to talk to David. At least show some concern Doris. If I'm talking to David about you I need him to speak to you. I've asked Aliu to call you several times so you can talk to your son but all efforts have been abortive. If you get this mail, call. So who is the liar, Doris who claims Daniel doesn't let her see her son or Daniel who claims he's tried hard to make it work?! KFB | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 10 Dec 2013 05:44 AM PST ![]() Music producer Babatunde 'OJB Jezreel' Okungbowa has just granted his first interview since his return to Nigeria after his successful surgical operation in India. In this interview with HipHopWorld, OJB and his wife, Mama J reveal all what they went through – the pain, the gain, the hate and the love What were your thoughts when you were told you would undergo a kidney transplant?It was scary because I find it hard to take an injection let alone cutting the body for surgery. I didn't really welcome it but with time I had no choice than to give in to the idea and hope for the best.What do you have to say about the controversies that surrounded donations towards your kidney transplant?Well, there are well meaning and bitter people in Naija. Most people were just complaining and these people didn't even donate. All the figures flying in the air then were just fake and make-belief from different angles because if we had the money we wouldn't have the governor donate N16million. Lots of cheques that some people donated bounced. I don't want to mention names and when we called them to come for their cheques they didn't come for it. We didn't want to talk about it in the media because it was about saving a life. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Aww! Check-Out Annie Idibia sweetest birthday shout-out to her 5 year old daughter, Isabella! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 05:47 AM PST ![]() 2face Idibia's 5 year old daughter, Isabella, clocked 5 today and her heavily pregnant mum, Annie is so excited. Annie took to her instagram page few minutes ago and shared her favorite photos of Isabella with the caption --> 'Happy birthday to the most amazing kid ever liveth! Always smiling, always happy, no dull moments, extra energy, extremely brilliant and very compassionate for kid! Yaaaayyyyyyy my SunShine is 5 today!!Aww, happy birthday to Isabella! Meanwhile, Annie in a recent interview with OK! Magazine had this to say about 2face and her pregnancy: "2face has been an amazing man. He makes me feel like we are actually carrying this pregnancy together, he cares so much" | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: ''We’re waiting for sack letters' Insolent Lecturers Dares FG! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 05:48 AM PST ![]() Striking lecturers in the nation's public universities on Monday made good their decision not to return to work as directed by the Federal Government. The striking teachers also refused to sign the attendance registers in their respective institutions as ordered by the government. They said they were only waiting for the sack letters the Federal Government threatened to give them if they did not return to work. In many of the universities visited by our correspondents, only administrative offices opened for business while the lecture rooms were empty. Particularly, lecturers' offices remained shut. Among some of the universities visited by our correspondents were the University of Lagos, University of Ibadan, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, University of Calabar, Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka, and the University of Uyo. Others are Obafemi Awolwo University, Ile-Ife, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta and the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye. The Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike, had urged the striking lecturers to return to work or on before December 9 or risk being sacked. But the leadership of ASUU had remained unfazed by the FG's directive and threat. They accused the government of insincerity in the resolution of the face-off. At the NAU, Awka on Monday, though some of the lecturers were on campus, they did not teach. The institution's Faculty of Social Sciences, for instance, had its classrooms and laboratories shut. The hostels were opened but students had yet to return to the campus. At UI, only a few lecturers were on the campus. They neither taught nor signed the attendance register. The institution's chapter of ASUU earlier in the day had sent a message to its members, urging them to be calm and resolute in their demands. The National Treasurer of ASUU, Dr. Ademola Aremu, said they would have wasted their time and effort if they caved in and returned to work under threat. He said, "How can you call off a strike when there is nothing to show for it? The government is not qualified to call off the strike. Our union is awaiting the government to state all it has done in black and white. However, it is a serious insult on us for the government to be harassing us with sacking threat. We are not casual workers or labourers. Our research work has been ongoing." Also, at UNICAL and at the Cross River University of Science and Technology, students and their teachers stayed away from the schools. The UNICAL ASUU Chairman, Dr. James Okpiliya, insisted that the Federal Government must meet the lecturers' demands before the strike could be suspended. Lecturers also shunned work at OAU even though a few of the students were on the campus. One of our correspondents observed that many of the students who returned to campus were those residing within Ife and its environs. The Chairman of ASUU at the university, Prof. Adegbola Akinola, who spoke to one of our correspondents, said that the strike was still on. He said, "Our union did not close the universities, what we did was to withdraw teaching services and they will remain withdrawn until the government properly documents the agreement reached with us on November 4, 2013." Lectures did not also hold at ABU. The two campuses of the institution at Samaru and Kongo had only a negligible human presence as of Monday. Lecturers' offices and lecture halls were shut, just as the students did not show up as directed by the government. ASUU Chairman, Dr. Mohammed Kabir-Aliyu, told journalists that they had yet to call off the action. The UNIJOS ASUU chapter Chairman, Dr. David Jangkam, said striking teachers in the university were just waiting for their sack letters from the Federal Government. Jangkam said, "We are waiting for their sack letters. Any government that is toying with education is not worth its salt. We expect firm commitment in solving the issues, but if the government is playing to the gallery, it is very unfortunate." When our correspondent visited the various departments, only a few departments had opened registers as demanded by the governing council. There were no studies too at UNIUYO, UNIJOS, FUNAAB, LASU and UNILAG as lecturers boycotted classes. Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday, urged the striking teachers to call off the industrial action. The President, who spoke at the All Nigerian Judges Conference organised by the National Judicial Council in Abuja, on Monday, said the industrial action would prevent the country from achieving the Vision 2020 target of becoming one of the top 20 economies in the world by 2020. Although the Federal Government had recently threatened to sack the lecturers for going on strike, Jonathan noted that ASUU had the right to embark on the industrial action. He said, "This administration recognises and respects the right of workers, including the right to embark on industrial action to press home their demand and have taken concrete steps to address the grievances of ASUU. "I therefore use this occasion to call on ASUU to call off its strike." "With this Nigeria's quest to become one of the world's 20th largest economies by the year 2020 cannot be achieved in an atmosphere of industrial disharmony. "Nigeria's geopolitical history has been characterised by incessant labour dispute and industrial action. "While views may differ on the utility of industrial action as a means of advancing the collective interest of workers in the polity, it is an unassailable fact that labour and industrial harmony is sine qua non to the socio-economic development of any nation, Nigeria inclusive." | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Live Pictures From Nelson Mandela memorial service In South Africa! Posted: 10 Dec 2013 05:45 AM PST
RIP Madiba...You Will Continue to be in our memory!
Punch! |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Pakurumo Entertainment To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 | |











































































No comments:
Post a Comment